- 6% of deposit from total amount on the estimate/invoice is to be paid to hold the price and goods.
- The payments of materials are to be made before commencement date of the work.
- The payments of installations are to be made accordance with payment schedule on their invoice.
- All overdue accounts attract 2.5% interest monthly.
- Payment can be made in cash, cheque or credit card. There will be 2% surcharge incurred when paid by credit card.
- Scheduled dates may be subject to unexpected changes.
- Once date is secured and the deposit is paid, it is not refundable but the dates can be changed with time manner.
- Customised products shall not be delivered before 90% of total payment is made.
- Clients are responsible for removing furniture and breakables, fixture (including balustrades), disconnecting electric appliances such as ovens and fridges, as well as any wiring or other installations below 1 metre of the floor level shall be secured above that height. Clients are responsible to restore them after completion of our works.
- The floor covering such as carpet, vinyl, tiles and glued furniture, fixture and appliances must be removed and floor must be free of oil, wax, glue and it needs to be even before installation unless client acknowledged Topwood Premium Oak Floors and quoted in advance.
- The clients are to provide permanent power, light and running tap water (toilet facilities) to be provided prior to commencement of work.
- Car park for delivery truck must be provided with in 5 metres from the property, as all the products will be unloaded by hand. Deliver trucks are not to be expected to drive on sand.
- When on-site inspection is not done before installation due to any circumstances, Topwood Premium Oak Floors has right to request large view picture with higher definition.
- The quotation provided before installation is subject to on site inspection. However if the client is require for alterations that require using additional labour or material. The extra charges will be added to the final payment invoice.
- We are not responsible for rectifying insufficient door clearance and are not liable for accidental damage as a result of remedy work carried out in good faith.
- Installation duration may vary due to availability of product, structure of the area to be installed, accessibility and other kinds of unforeseen condition. Please allow us extra time ahead to avoid any interruptions of work to proceed.
- Due to the character of the work, some small chips or marks occur on or to your walls, skirting, and doors. Topwood Premium Oak Floor is not liable to repair any such damages.
- Floors will not be installed if the moisture level on the concrete slab and walls near covering areas are too high.
- Acoustic underlay (Impact underlay) is a must for upper level properties.
Claims and rectification
- Any complaints must be submitted in written and sent within 7 days of completion of the job. It must clearly be stated and explained the problems and expected resolution. Before any complaints or dispute is considered or addressed by Topwood Premium Oak Floors, all the invoices/outstanding fees must be paid in full.
- Topwood Premium Oak Floors will take no responsibility for any damage made by you or your tradesman.
- A valid warranty claim will be addressed on affected area only with the same or similar product of equal value.
You acknowledge and agree as follow and no responsibility is taken for these inherent characteristics and you agree to accept these variations. And these applies both oak and bamboo floors.
1. Timber is a natural material and variations in colour, texture, and other naturally occurring features occur between pieces and batches of the same species. Sanding and finishing also causes variation in appearance.
- Care should be taken in making a selection based on a single sample. In all cases, timber flooring supplied in job lot quantities will contain some variations from job to job and from the samples on display
- Timber flooring whilst dried during production continues to take-up and give up moisture during its life, depending on weather, aspect and local conditions. In so doing, some movement and change to surface of your floor are to be expected and will be apparent. This is normal and may include checking and fine cracks on and between boards and changes in colour.
- For wide engineered timber floors includes A, B, C, D grades (it is so called “Mixed Grade”) in one plank which means the knots, grains, colour variation, and minor cracks are to be expected.
- Timber flooring and Bamboo flooring are natural material and will change colour as time goes by and with exposure to sunlight. Such changes are normal and Topwood Premium Oak Floors doesn’t take any responsibility.
- The hollow sounding areas and occasional squeaking boards can occur due to undulations in the sub floor and this is not a defect in the flooring. Topwood Premium Oak Floors may elect to remedy the hollow sounding areas in Topwood Premium Oak Floors discretion and at your cost.
- Colour, shade or texture variations will be different from the samples, printings, and photos as timber is natural source.
(Topwood Premium Oak Floors has rights to stop the job when clients make complaints from reasons above.)
Congratulations on purchasing flooring from Topwood Premium Oak Floors. We hope you will enjoy your new floor at home. We are pleased to offer you the following Warranty on Engineered Oak flooring and Compressed Engineered Bamboo products installed by Topwood Premium Oak Floors installation team. This warranty is extended to the original purchaser of Topwood Premium Oak Floors. This warranty is not transferable to subsequent owners.
Topwood Premium Oak Timber flooring warrants to the original purchaser (undersigned) that the floor you have purchased will remain free from manufacturing defects in lamination, assembly, milling, dimension and trading for as long as the original purchaser owns the home. Being natural products, timber flooring will continue to expand and contract through heating and non-heating seasons. Properly installed floors may consequently experience some separation between boards at different times over the year. If separations do occur, they will not be covered by this warranty.
This warranty does not extend to the finish polish or the surface coating applied to or on the flooring.
Important notes for the warranties
- We warrant that the covered products, in their original manufactured condition, will be free from defects in grading, lamination and assembly for as long as you (the original purchaser) own the floor.
- We warrant to you (the original purchaser) that for the period indicated, the acrylic impregnated wear layer will not wear through under normal household or commercial use when maintained in accordance with our recommended maintenance guidelines.
- We warrant to you (the original purchaser) that for as long as you own your floor and the floor is properly installed by Topwood Premium Oak Floors installation team.
-Flooring installed in full bathrooms with a shower or tub.
-Man-made or act of God including but not limited to, leaking or broken plumbing, fire, flood, earthquake, or standing water during or after construction.
-Damage caused by negligence, accidents, misuse or abuse but not limited to, not taking proper precautions to protect furniture legs and fee with felt protectors, dirty or improper casters, moving heavy objects without a dolly and/or protective plywood beneath.
-Damage caused by vacuum cleaner beater bar or hard heads
-Damage caused by appliances, furniture and castors.
-Damage caused by cutting from sharp objects
-Reduction in gloss, scratches or indentation due to sand, pebbles or other abrasives, pets, insects, construction traffic, spike-heeled shoes, or failure to maintain the floor as required
-Colour, shade or texture variations between samples, printed colour photography or replacement flooring and the actual material.
-Colour variations between flooring and / or samples and other flooring or wood products, which you wish to match (e.g. cabinets, stair railings, trim, etc.)
-Preparation materials and fasteners including, but not limited to, uneven subfloor surfaces, floor deflection or voids in the subfloor.
-Noises (squeaks, etc.) associated with anything other than the mis-manufacture of the flooring.
-Naturally occurring wood characteristics such as variations in grain, colour, mineral streaks, knots and checking.
-Changes in colour due to exposure to sunlight and age.
-Natural expansion and contraction resulting in separation between boards or damage caused by low (i.e. Dry conditions) or excessive humidity.
-Surface checking (fine surface split) as a result of the wood/bamboo losing moisture.
-Products designated as “thrift”, “antique”, “tavern”, “bargain”, “cabin grade”, “seconds”, “economy grade”, “rustic”, “closeout”, “off-goods” or “non-standard”.
Such products are sold “AS IS”.
-Floors that are installed in other than owner-occupied or tenant-occupied residences.
-Commercial installations of residential products covered by a residential warranty.
-Construction or installation-related damage.
-Floors damaged or adhesive breakdown caused by subfloor moisture or water damage, including without limitation, due to broken or leaking water pipes, flooding, wet-mopping spills or weather conditions.
-Installation defects, including installations made:
(i) In violation of applicable state or local housing or building codes, or (ii) Contrary to written instructions furnished with the product.
Engineered products are approved and warranted over radiant heated subfloors provided that the floors are installed in strict accordance with the installation guidelines pertaining to radiant heated subfloors: Solid wood products are not warranted.
The following guidelines must be applied throughout the life of the floor in order to reduce the affects of radiant heat on engineered wood floors. Even when these guidelines are followed it is still possible that your flooring may experience some cracks (checking) on the surface, gapping between boards, or delamination of boards. These symptoms are NOT covered by this warranty. The temperature and humidity levels described below must be maintained otherwise any warranty, express or implied, will be voided.
• To minimize the effect that rapid changes in temperature will have on the moisture content of the wood floor an outside thermostat should be installed. If one is not present, suggest to your customer that this should be considered. Unlike conventional heating systems, radiant systems work most effectively and with fewer traumas to the wood floor if the heating process is gradual, based on small incremental increases in relation to the outside temperature.
• Prior to installation proper moisture testing must be performed. Moisture content between substrate and wood flooring should not exceed 4% for engineered wood products
• Radiant heating system must be in operation and running continuously at least 6 days prior to installation.
• For glue down installations turn system off immediately prior to installation and after the flooring is installed, slowly raise the temperature to the preferred comfort level (over at least 5 day time frame) beginning two days after installation or at the onset of colder weather conditions.
• The radiant heat system must be controlled and the surface temperature of the flooring must never be allowed to exceed 25°C. The proper humidity level must be maintained within your home at all times during the year. Use of a humidification system may be required to maintain proper humidity levels to avoid excessive drying of the wood flooring.
• Seasonal gapping should be expected.